1. Because I’m a nurse, smells don’t bother me like they used to.
2. Because I’m a nurse, people don’t hesitate to ask my advice on any medical related topic. (I typically fall back on, “if it doesn’t get better, go see a doctor.”)
3. Because I’m a nurse, I get to wear pajamas to work. I mean, lets be honest, scrubs are the most comfortable things! I’ve met some guys who like the way girls look in scrubs, and I’ve met other who don’t. Mo is in the former category, which is a shame since I’m in scrubs half of the week.
4. Because I’m a nurse, I have the bladder the size of a watermelon.
5. Because I’m a nurse, nailing an IV makes my day.
6. Because I’m a nurse, I often think about what it would be like to have a ‘normal’ job. And then I realize the pay wouldn’t be the same. 😉
7. Because I’m a nurse, my hands get all red and dry in the winter time from excessive hand-washing. This is the time of year I start trying to find the perfect lotion: something neutral smelling (to not bother patients) and something that won’t wear off too quickly.
8. Because I’m a nurse, my back is already starting to have weird muscle twinges… and I’m only 25!
9. Because I’m a nurse, I have work dreams that involve me nearing the end of my shift and realizing I had another patient and I neglected them all day!
10. Because I’m a nurse, I feel valuable and satisfied and proud.
Make a list like this on your blog and link up below ANYTIME in the next week! Paige and I would love to hear yours!