I usually do a couple gift guides during the holiday season, but this year the time has completely escaped me. So, here’s my attempt to squeeze in one before Christmas comes. Even though most of you are probably done with your Christmas shopping. right? Since this is more or less a nursing blog, here’s a gift guide for the nurse in your life:
One could also use this gift guide to get ideas on how to spend that Christmas cash.
1. Pretty Strips ($6.50 for 8)- The humble band-aid got a makeover. These are latex free washi tape bandages and they come in so many cute designs and colors! As a nurse, I’d love to have these on hand.
2. Pill earrings (5.25)- I’ve been on a studs kick lately because I like wearing them to work. How perfect are these?
3. Stethoscope bling ($7.50-$9.99)- CharMED is a San Diego based company that adds a little sparkle to the stethoscope.They’re easy to wipe off with alcohol when you clean your stethoscope and they make it easy to identify your stethoscope from your co-workers’. (I have this one).
*$1 shipping now through Christmas!
4. Badge holder ($4-$18. Most around $7)- Every nurse has to wear a badge. Why not make it fun? Badge Blooms is another etsy shop that has exactly 1061 different kinds of badge reels… so there’s an awfully good chance you’ll be able to find the perfect one. On the off chance you can’t find ‘the one,’ the shop owner takes custom orders. (I especially like the brain, octopus, band-aid, heart, and stethoscope)
5. Lumbar mug ($12)- Quirky. Nurses will love this.
6. Compression socks ($29.99)- I’ve posted about these socks before, but they made it onto the 2013 list because they really are amazing! Perfect for nurses who spend 12 hour shifts on their feet! Nabee Socks is a business that was started by a fellow ICU nurse out in Washington D.C.
7. Prescription for Natural Cures ($20 paperback)- An acquaintance recently recommended this book and I’m planning on checking it out. I’m a fan of western medicine and all, but I’ll take all the help I can get!
8. Pill-o (free downloadable pattern)- This makes me wish so hard that I were crafty. I’d have these pillows scattered all over the place.
9. First Aid kit ($48)- This is super classy. And made in the USA.
10. Hand Sanitizer (currently $1.75 each or 5 for $5)- Being the germ conscious people that we are, hand sanitizer makes the perfect stocking stuffer.
2 days till Christmas!!
ps. Here’s last year’s gift guide.