I got all this in the mail from the other day and it was pretty much like Christmas!
Just look at it!
MDpocket is a company that sells all sorts of medical goodness: reference guides, clipboards, medical equiptment, and much more.
Let me elaborate on the items in the picture:
1. WhiteCoat Clipboard: Nursing edition– I love my clipboard. Before this, I kept my nursing brain (that piece of paper where I write down all my patient info) in my pocket. But it was kind of annoying having to unfold it every time I needed to check something or write a set of vitals down. So then, with this clipboard, I thought I’d leave it laying around somewhere and lose it. I confess, I have gone searching for it on occasion, but having it on a clipboard makes it easier to spot. It’s a full size clipboard that folds in half and can fit in lab coat pockets and some scrub pockets. The best part is the reference material it has on the back: pupil sizes, ekg interpretation, ABG analysis, normal lab values, conversions… so much knowledge. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve used the ruler on the edge to measure things (they have cm AND inches)! I’ve had co-workers eyeing my clipboard, I’m going to have to keep it close to me. 😉
2. WhiteCoat Clip– goes on the top of the clipboard and you can attach a pen to it. I used it for a few weeks and then the little guy cracked on me. Now my pens stay in my pocket, no big deal. With the clip and pen in place, the clipboard isn’t quite flush when it folds, FYI.
3. WhiteCoat Band– goes around the bottom of the clipboard and holds your paper in place so you can fold it in half more easily. With it’s stretchy, rubber-band like feel, it could also be used
4. Rapid ID reference cards– Tons of good information on these! I probably use the EKG and lab value ones the most out of the bunch, but as a student, I would’ve loved these.
5. NP Pocket Medical Reference Guide: Nursing Edition– Again, lots of good, basic information in here. Things that every nurse needs to know. Mine sits in my locker at work where I can grab it as needed.
Here’s some visuals of my favorite item, the WhiteCoat Clipboard: Nursing edition.
If I haven’t convinced you of the wonders of this clipboard, perhaps this video will:
My very favorite part is that the company was kind enough to engrave my name on it before sending it to me to review!
I can just see this making a perfect graduation gift for someone. They have nursing specific ones (like mine) or they have clipboard editions: anesthesia, respiratory, medicine, pharmacy, or pediatrics.
If you’re thinking “I’d love to get this but I can’t convince myself to spend $26 on one,” check out the Damage SALE page for a slightly imperfect version of the original WhiteCoate clipboard! Also, use the code ANNAMO25 for 25% off your purchase! This code is good until April 30, 2014.
And let me know if you try any of their products and what you think of them!
**Disclaimer: I received these products in exchange for my honest opinion of them. For said honest opinion, see above.**