Enter the giveaway below and 3 winners will be chosen next Monday. I’ll e-mail those winners with a coupon code and a link to this shirt template and then we will ALL have matching tree shirts!
It’s like a friendship bracelet or something… only better.
Lately, the only nursing posts I’ve done have been link ups… that’s all fine and dandy, but I’d like to continue sharing little tid bits from the field of medicine, if that’s okay.
I ALSO wanted to make a quick mention of an awesome little giveaway going on by Becca, one of my blog friends! She has the sweetest little blog about her family’s life in Italy and she recently had her second child and named him Gil. Cute, huh? Anyway, if you want a chance to win some REAL Italian food, Click here (or the picture) and check it out!
Speaking of blogs, I’m very happy and excited and nervous to announce that I’m going to be teaching a blog class!
The City of Boise organizes community education courses (anything from improving your posture, to backyard beekeeping, to clock collecting. Something for everyone!) and they asked if I’d be willing to share what I know about starting a blog.
So I said yes.
and appropriately named my class: So You Wanna Start a Blog.
There are still some openings if you are interested or if you have any friends in Idaho, please let them know!
I don’t know about you, but I love reading other bloggers’ ideas for gifts.
I’m compiling a few ideas of my own and I’ll share them with you during the month! This week is all about gifts to give the blogger in your life.
1. wooden wick candles– makes a cozy crackling noise while it’s burning! (I just recently discovered that these existed and I think they’re brilliant!)
2. business cards– the ones here are MiniCards, perfect for networking and for tucking inside envelopes when sending out the holiday cards this year.
3. beverage warmer– the perfect solution to the ‘drink-gets-cold-before-it’s-finished’ problem. This would fit so perfectly in the corner of my computer desk…just saying.
4. Blogger pillow– for the people who are lucky enough to blog in their pjs under the covers (this etsy shop carries pillows with other forms of social media too!)
5. ipad/ipad mini– so they can stay connected while traveling! Bonus: this is a perfect way for them to keep up on reading their favorite blogs too!
6. desk calendar– Make 2013 their most organized year ever with a calendar they can use to keep track of all the important dates in their blogging world.
7. Just tell them thank you. A little love note and you’ll make their day.
8. This blog print– visually appealing and perfect to hang in whatever space they write in.
9. Hedgehog foot warmer– keep their feet warm while blogging! (it even hooks up with a USB port, how cool is that?)
I’m hoping to have a couple other gift guides before the month is over: one for nurses, one for cyclists, one for bakers. (then my husband will have all SORTS of ideas for gifts this year!)
And don’t forget to enter the Usborne Books giveaway! A winner will be chosen at the end of the week.
… I did.
I can trace my beginnings to Ree, Joy, and Angie.
(I like to pretend I’m on a first name basis with these women. ha which of course, if I ever met them, I’d be too star-struck to even speak, let alone call them by their first name)
I started reading these lovely ladies’ blogs on a regular basis LONG before I was inspired to start a blog. Because of them, I even had the wild idea that I would try and do a FOOD themed blog! Well, we all know that didn’t work out.
of course, Joanna and Sydney followed close behind.
I discovered how great lifestyle blogging could be, right when I was in the middle my great hobby quest. When tennis and roller derby didn’t make the cut, blogging did. It’s one of the few things that has stuck around in my life and one that I plan to keep.
Some other bloggers who helped push me to go from stalker to blogger:
Lindsey at Hello Hue, Molly at A Few of My Favorite Things, Melanie at You Are My Fav, Molly at Urban Nester, and Erin at Apartment 34 (just to name a few).
Every. single. day. I find more and more people out there who I connect with. Blogworld has been so friendly and inviting, more than I could have anticipated. There are so many talented and amazing bloggers who inspire and challenge and entertain and make me think (I’m looking at you Megan, Tiffany, Alyx, and Renee).
So, I embrace all you blog stalkers!
Especially since that’s where I began. I believe, given enough time, you stalkers will branch out and start reading more blogs. Then you’ll start leaving comments. And before you know it, you’ll have started your very own blog.
it was a minute of this, at least.
Long enough for us all to glance over…double-take…giggle awkwardly…realize they weren’t stopping…grab our cameras… take creepy stalker pictures…then drive away.
they were still going at it when the light turned green.
LA, I don’t get you.
If you ask anyone who knows me, they will kindly tell you, “Keep Sheila out of the kitchen.” It’s true. I have done my fair share of oven fires, exploding food (yes, it’s possible), and creating gooey messes that were supposed to be stacks of goodness. So I made it a mission this year to learn how to cook.
This revelation only happened after I tried to impress a friend with my cooking “skills”- bad idea. Something as simple as bacon pancakes turned into a goo fest. I thought I was being sneaky and hiding the messed up pancakes in the trash every time they turned their back, but after a kind suggestion that we eat out instead – I later learned they saw it all.
So today I will share a little recipe that is impossible to mess up on (I should know).
Bacon Wrapped Tomato and Chicken
2 chicken breasts
6 slices of Bacon
Vegetable of choice
2 Sweet potatos
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Cut sweet potatoes into horizontal thin slices and place on pan with coconut oil – season as desired. Place in oven. (Usually 20 minutes before you put the chicken in).
3. Take thawed chicken breasts and cut almost in 1/2 horizontally. (You can see it in the photo below)
3. Cut tomatoes into thin slices and place on the bottom 1/2 of the open chicken breast
4. Sprinkle with Rosemary and seasoning of choice
5. Put the top 1/2 of the chicken back on top of the tomatoes
6. Wrap each chicken breast in three pieces of raw bacon
7. Place in oven (until chicken is no longer pink inside)
8. When the chicken is almost done, steam or pan fry your vegetables on low heat using a drizzle of coconut oil and seasoning of choice.
And if you are an amazing cook – everything will be finished at the same time! There you have an easy, healthy meal that even I can’t mess up. Enjoy!
(If you are wondering why the fries are not in this photo, because I am not yet an amazing cook and they were not done in time) 😉
Thanks for having me Anna and I sure hope I am not poisoning your readers with my cooking knowledge 😉